Thursday 18 October 2012

Slenderman Test Footage


Here is just a short test video of my slenderman moving, this 3 second clip consisted of 36 frames and was mainly testing to ensure that my claymation character would move nice and smooth. This test was successful as my character did move smoothly and if more frames were added then the film would have been longer and more movements could be added, but as I said this is only test footage. If my character did not move correctly in the full film then i would have to retake some frames to ensure that my character moves efficiently but also so make sure that the illusion of animation is given correctly, this would then create a better finished product. Another thing to remember if my character does not move correctly is that only small adjustments are made otherwise there will be a big skip which will then break the illusion. As you can see from the video i have minor skips, this is because i did fairly big movements but i can improve on this in the real film.




Here is the two pictures of my set design for my main animation video. I have chosen to set the scene in a dark gloomy forest, the reason i chose this is because the character i'm using is usually hidden in dark places and a forest gives the viewer a scary background to set my scary character in. I have also chosen to shade the trees because i want my main film to be in black and white because this will keep the gloomy effect but i may also had sleight colour correction to make some parts brighter. In addition i think the black and white effect would be the best to use for my film as it suits the scene but also will keep the effect i'm going for. I would use brown coloured paper to create the tree trunk and the scrunch up some green coloured paper for the top of the tree and use dark brown clay to stick the tree to the floor. I may add some more brown coloured paper for branches if the trees on their own look to bare. I also tried creating the trees so they look 3D this would then be good as I could have my character creep in between each tree getting closer to the camera. As you can see one is drawn and the other was created on Adobe Photoshop. I drew the first one just as an outline as to what i wanted and then recreated it on photoshop to make it look better but then also to add alot more detail onto the set design.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment